I spent the first few days of my February vacation in Trier, Germany. Former Oklahoma residents Stephanie & Doug invited me to visit them in their new town. Since I last saw them and their daughter Emma, they've moved to Italy, welcomed Maya into their family, Doug retired from the USAF, they moved twice in Germany, and are building a new home! Unfortunately, Doug was out of the country on business, but we got to spend a long girls' weekend together.
Saturday, they showed me around Trier - the oldest town in Germany. It was a successful day: I got to add another UNESCO World Heritage site to my list and Emma finally got her wish to climb to the top of the Porta Nigra.
The best part of the weekend was playing with the girls, who are bilingual. Although I didn't understand everything they were saying in German, I had fun listening to them. And since their Papa was away (Mama speaks German to the girls), they got to practice their English with me.
No comments:
Post a Comment