07 November 2007

mail mysteries

I really can't win. Thanks to help from someone I met here, I finally won the battle of the mail box, and still things don't make it to me. Sure, the bills I get, but really important things are taking very interesting detours.

First, Mikie very generously offered to mail me some things for school. Her mom flew it to London (literally - she's a pilot) and mailed 2 packages from there. One of them ended up on her mom's porch in Oklahoma City, just a few days after she'd mailed them. At least they're speedy in their inefficiency. The second package is still MIA. This mystery may never be solved, because Mikie said she sent the boxes to the school, where I thought surely there would be no delivery issues.

And all week, I've been keeping my eye out for a box from Amazon.fr - just a few French books to read to prepare for future IB units. The website said it was mailed on October 24th, and that I should have received it by November 5th, so I've been a little worried. Tonight, Nathalie e-mailed me that my books somehow found their way to her. In Oklahoma. She figures the post office in Poix saw the address, stuck her name on it and forwarded it to her rather than delivering it to me. Fortunately, Alison is coming in a couple of weeks. I hope that she'll be able to find room for my books in her suitcase, somewhere between the pumpkin pie filling, cranberry sauce and Stove Top Stuffing...

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Package #2 was waiting for me at school this morning. It felt like Christmas as Virginie and I went through it.

Merci Mikie!

Anonymous said...

When I was living in France, my grandmother mailed a small Christmas tree (the kind that stands all of 12 inches and comes with ridiculous little ornaments) so that I could decorate my place. Well, it arrived in February...go figure. Isn't la vie quotidienne just great?!
~Whitney

Jennifer said...

OMG, that's too funny. I hope you decorated your place anyway! It's all part of "the experience," right?!

Anonymous said...

I was thinking today of all of your Christmas trees and decorations spending the season in your attic. Nick is probably rejoicing at not having to make the climb!
Your momma.