People ask me all the time what I miss most about Oklahoma. Common responses include my cats, my friends and family and Target. But honestly, I really miss my electric toothbrush. I wasted 8€ on a battery-powered Colgate that lasted for a few weeks, but even with fresh batteries, it's destined for la poubelle.
Shannon - another Fulbright teacher and I - had a discussion about our toothbrush dilemma in September. She brought hers along, intending to use an adapter to charge it, but it's her only electrical device that won't work here. When she told me that she planned to invest in a French toothbrush, I scoffed. They're trop chère, I said. I really thought I could get by without one this year.
Like my not-so-cheap battery powered toothbrush, that didn't last long. Today, while stocking up on laundry detergent and bacteria for the septic tank (never thought that would make it into my blog), I gave in to my overwhelming obsession about my teeth. My reasons include: 1) I'm skipping a dental cleaning this year, so I need to take extra good care of my teeth and 2) it's cheaper than a tank of gas. And I can say after only one brushing, that's the best 30€ I've spent so far.
No comments:
Post a Comment