16 September 2008

how ya gonna keep 'em down on the farm...

...after they've seen Paree? You know, I've never heard that song, but several people have quoted it to me recently. And it's true. I just can't stay away from France. I'm going to back to Amiens on Sunday. Yes, this weekend.

It all goes back to the MOU that was signed uniting Oklahoma and the Académie d'Amiens in an educational agreement. Our State Superintendent of Education was invited to go to France to see how things work on the other side, and she picked me to be part of her delegation. We will be visiting six schools while we're there - two of which are partnered with CSAS. In fact, there's an event at our partner high school that's part of the reason the trip is when it is. They're inaugurating the American International Section at the high school. There will be all sorts of dignitaries in attendance, including someone from the U.S. Embassy in Paris. I'm loaded up on American flags (756 small plastic ones, fyi) to give to the students at Chantal's request, as well as some larger ones for the schools. Philip has asked me to bring Obama campaign material for his personal collection, but I haven't found any yet.

I've also got an afternoon in Poix planned. I need to resolve some problems at the bank (I anticipate a future entry...) and stop by the school to say coucou.

No comments: