18 June 2018

une nouvelle robinsonnade...en famille !

Whew! When I sat down to write this post, I couldn't find my blog anywhere. I panicked thinking it had disappeared - and along with it, all of my posts from ten years ago. One of these days I should download them and make a scrapbook of sorts. But before then, it's time to get back into the habit of blogging because a new adventure is on the horizon, this time as a family of four!

I received a Lilly Teacher Creativity Grant that is funding my "Tour de France: Off my beaten path." The goal is to explore parts of France that I've never visited, or at least for more than a couple of hours on a school tour.

When I wrote the grant we were a family of three, and I wasn't sure that my husband and son would be joining me. Then, we were chosen by another birthmother and had a newborn by the end of 2017. Not keen on the idea of leaving both boys in Indiana, we decided the whole family would go. I confess I'm a bit anxious about it, but am also excited for 3.5 year old T to see real castles, try French food, and hopefully pick up on the language.

I hope that despite the full itinerary, I will have time to write every few days to document our (mis)adventures. Stay tuned...


No comments: