20 July 2007

i love my students


Tonight I had so much fun dining with some of my Classen kids. Jessica and Seth planned the evening, and despite a little mix-up of which Johnnie's was the meeting point (since the addition of the gelato at the one on Britton Road, there IS no other Johnnie's for me...), there was a great turnout. Good burgers, good friends and good conversation! Energy was high as they were discussing plans to go to the Harry Potter parties at local bookstores, and many tried gelato for the first time. That alone may convince them to go to Europe to sample all the flavors available there!

It's really difficult to leave my students. They really are special, but that's how I know that
Nathalie will be in good hands this year. Our school focuses on educating the global citizen, so this exchange is an important part of our program. What better way to teach cross-cultural understanding than participating in exchanges such as this. I hope that my experience will encourage other teachers - not just language teachers - to explore the opportunities that Fulbright offers.











1 comment:

Unknown said...

I forgot to tell you that we ate at Sauced and saw Otis again. Didn't talk to him, though.
This is fun!