11 April 2008

still waiting...

Dublin was amazing. So were the two days I spent in Paris afterwards. I'm back in Poix for a few days, and am glad to be 'home.' I am picking up my macbook with it's new hard drive in just a bit, but won't be able to do anything until my installation disks arrive from OKC. The post is so slow...

Expect a flurry of blog entries towards the end of next week.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love how everything seems so much more complicated abroad? It is like everything is magnified by one million. The sad thing is once you figure it all out (almost) you have to come home...

We miss you!

Whitney Stafford

Anonymous said...

Hi,I heard their was an American working at the school. I live in MN, but have a huge family in Poix! My in-laws (the Bentaleb's) own Le Abbriseaux (spelling?) in town. The Ficelle Picarde is to die for! Their staple, the cous-cous, is really good, too. If you stop in say hello from Tracy (their daughter-in-law). I am jealous - Poix is quiet, but so lovely! Have a good rest of year!

Jennifer said...

Oh my goodness! How did you find my blog, Tracy? I will have to stop by the restaurant. Please tell your husband "bonjour" de la part de Monsieur Digne. And I totally agree... the town (and the people) are lovely.

Anonymous said...

I randomly found your blog when I googled something like "Web cams and poix". I am always looking for interesting news on the area. One of my favorite sites to go to is the real estate company in town (near the Poix river) site and look for cute French houses for sale. We have a big extended family there - my daughter's grandparents, great grandparents, lot of aunts, uncles, etc. I am not sure where your school is, but they live very close to the school that is near the covered pool, soccer fields, the newer daycare, etc, by the river (or a stream as I call it). One cousin owns the Cheval Blanc in town (a bit sketchy), and as I said they own that great restaurant. I was there around Christmas and worked at the little marche at the school selling mulled wine and cous cous. My French is tres mal, or I would try to write in French. If you run into any Bentaleb's in town - do say hello from Tracy. They all know me. My mother-in-law (Patricia Bentaleb) just ran for some form of office there (something to do with the mayors office, but she lost). I miss Champion and BricoDepot. I love the Kinder candy and the yummy greasy crackers they sell. Take care - have fun with your remaining year. You are brave - what an adventure!