17 January 2008
walking to school with loïc
Sometimes when I get to the corner by my house, I run into a boy in 6ème, who then walks with me to school. He's in the group that I only see on Monday mornings, so I don't know him very well. It's sort of an uncomfortable ten minutes, because I don't really know what to say to him, and walking in silence seems odd. Sometimes, he tells me about his weekend - how he built a fort in the forest or how he went hunting with his older brothers. This morning, we talked about the play that we saw last weekend on a school outing - 3 Comedies by Chekhov. He said that he and his friend Logan liked the first and third plays, but not the second. I had to agree with them. Then he commented that he never sees me at the movie theatre in Poix. They notice everything! I told him I go from time to time, but that lately the films don't interest me. Next weekend is the Golden Compass film, and I discovered that he's read the book. And then, we got on the topic of Harry Potter: he's read all seven books. On today's walk, he told me that he can't wait to take science physique next year with Monsieur Boué because it sounds so interesting. I had him marked as a bit of a troublemaker, but now I have hope for him. Plus, I have ideas on I how to fill those awkward moments walking to school.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Cool! A real teacher moment.
Mom
Post a Comment