Patricia and Robin, Rachel and Thomas, Alexandre and me, and a very courageous one-man team of the other Thomas, who's 10. Alexandre and I came from behind and won several rounds, but after a break for his delicious tarte aux pommes, we had to learn how to be humble when we lost by 180 points. The evening ended well beyond midnight with Triominos, a special request by the kids. Next time, we'll tackle Monopoly - the Amiens version. Wonder what the equivalents of Boardwalk and Park Place are?
09 March 2008
jeux de société
I remember playing Trivial Poursuite when I was a student in Clermont-Ferrand. The highlight of the evening was a heated debate about the number of continents: the French say there are five, while we all know there are seven. I'm not much of a board game player, but last night I got my fair share...and in French! After a delicious lasagna dinner (Patricia is from an Italian family) and chocolate chip cookies (guess who made those?) we cleared off the table and got ready to tackle the games that Alexandre brought. First, Rummycube, which I've actually played before (thanks, Penny!), but my head had been in a fog all day, and I just couldn't make sense of it. They explained the rules, I read the instructions, and still I was confused. It didn't help that no one could agree on some of the rules. Thankfully, we played in teams:
Patricia and Robin, Rachel and Thomas, Alexandre and me, and a very courageous one-man team of the other Thomas, who's 10. Alexandre and I came from behind and won several rounds, but after a break for his delicious tarte aux pommes, we had to learn how to be humble when we lost by 180 points. The evening ended well beyond midnight with Triominos, a special request by the kids. Next time, we'll tackle Monopoly - the Amiens version. Wonder what the equivalents of Boardwalk and Park Place are?
Patricia and Robin, Rachel and Thomas, Alexandre and me, and a very courageous one-man team of the other Thomas, who's 10. Alexandre and I came from behind and won several rounds, but after a break for his delicious tarte aux pommes, we had to learn how to be humble when we lost by 180 points. The evening ended well beyond midnight with Triominos, a special request by the kids. Next time, we'll tackle Monopoly - the Amiens version. Wonder what the equivalents of Boardwalk and Park Place are?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment