The other night, Alexandre gave me a rundown of must-see things in the region. So much to see and do, and not enough time, I said. "Oh, but you still have deux paires de mois," he replied. That's all?! Four and a half to be exact, he counted out. Plenty of time.
In two pairs of months, I'll have to go back to my other life - the one where I work longer hours and have an overload of committee meetings that tend to lead nowhere. In two pairs of months, I'll have to buy a car and make decisions like what color to paint my house, how to fit a dishwasher into my 1952 kitchen, and whether or not to add on a room. But in two pairs of months, I'll get to see friends and family again. And my cats. In two pairs of months, I will have to wrap things up here and say goodbye to my new friends. And in two pairs of months, I'll start planning my next trip to France.
2 comments:
Man. I know it will be hard to leave, but I can't wait to see you, friend. Btw, I write this from my Bricktown office to the sound of the St. Patrick's Day Parade down on the street this fine Saturday.
I'm sad for you but equally so excited to get to see you again! Hopefully I'll be in town when you return, because I'm sure we will have to throw you some sort of welcome back party! Loves and hugs.
Post a Comment