I have a sort of ADD when it comes to accomplishing tasks such as cleaning house, organizing and packing. I am so easily distracted. I could be well into something, but something shiny catches my eye and away I go to do something else.
This is the case this week, though I have filled three or four yellow recycling bags (yellow is for paper) with travel brochures, magazines and newspapers. I've also got 3 5-kg boxes to take to the post office tomorrow to mail - it will take a month, but there's no way 15 kg of books are going to fit in my suitcases, and no way I can afford air mail for them either.
Which brings me to another dilemma. Remember how my suitcase broke on the way to the train station in April? Well, I bought one to replace it, but it's already back in Oklahoma, along with an even larger one thanks to Michael P. and Seth. I think they totaled about 30kg. Oh, and several kids took textbooks off my hands, so that's probably another 10kg. Which brings me back to the broken suitcase. I've got it plus a 29" one that's seen better days. I'm borrowing a car so I can drive to Auchan to check out a larger one that actually has all its wheels, but I can't go until Wednesday.
On top of the packing challenges, I've got to get this house back in shape. I've moved a few things around and am trying to remember how exactly Nathalie had it when I arrived. Taking pictures would have been a good idea.
1 comment:
Took me a while to track your blog down again, as I lost my hard drive months ago. Sorry it was at the end, but it sounds like you had a great time and wonderful learning experience!
Catch you later, and welcome back to the states. :)
Post a Comment