Walking away from the school was probably the most difficult last day of school I've ever had. I promised them I'd come back to visit them - perhaps in June of next year. I have grown so attached to this little part of France that I can't imagine staying away for very long.
03 July 2008
madame, ne partez pas !
Today - the last day - I had even fewer kids than on Tuesday, but we had a nice day. We watched movies, played
games and ate chips. They brought me flowers and other gifts, and I had to autograph my business cards with personal notes for the little sixièmes. They begged me not to go. They offered me the guest room in their houses and jobs working for their parents. One said, "I'm going to tell Mme Patin right now that she has to give you a job as an English teacher next year." I tried to explain that I'd be sans papiers if I stayed, and that it was complicated for foreigners. They would have nothing of it. But the sweetest part was when I finally decided to leave for the day, and while I was loaded down with flowers and presents, they blocked the gate and wouldn't let me leave. The line for bisous was endless because they kept getting back in line. They cried, so of course I cried. You can see them in the videos...they're absolutely precious. Bavards comme des pies, but precious all the same.
Walking away from the school was probably the most difficult last day of school I've ever had. I promised them I'd come back to visit them - perhaps in June of next year. I have grown so attached to this little part of France that I can't imagine staying away for very long.
Walking away from the school was probably the most difficult last day of school I've ever had. I promised them I'd come back to visit them - perhaps in June of next year. I have grown so attached to this little part of France that I can't imagine staying away for very long.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
They are sad for you to go, but we will be happy for you to be back!!!!
--Amy
Post a Comment