Last night I was treated to dinner at an Algerian restaurant in Amiens. True to his word, my friend Sofiane made sure I had the couscous he promised me six months ago in Oklahoma City. "The food so nice, they made it twice" is at present the most popular dish in France - and one of my favorites as well.
16 September 2007
definitely not starving in France
This entire weekend has been centered around food! Friday night, Pierre (a teacher at the school) and his wife Catherine invited me to dinner at their home in the village of Moyencourt. Their friends Christine and Christophe and daughter Léa were there as well. Pierre and Catherine live in a farmhouse that is over 200 years old, and I've decided I want one just like it. Or very nearly - I don't really need the attached stables, do I?
Last night I was treated to dinner at an Algerian restaurant in Amiens. True to his word, my friend Sofiane made sure I had the couscous he promised me six months ago in Oklahoma City. "The food so nice, they made it twice" is at present the most popular dish in France - and one of my favorites as well.

And then today, I spent all afternoon at Philippe and Valérie's to celebrate both Laurence's and her nephew Valentin's birthdays. I think we were at the table for six hours! I took Valentin a toy firetruck, and when he opened it, he got excited and said, "I knew it!" Whew - I am so relieved he liked it. Champagne, appetizers, red wine... langue de boeuf with potatoes, carrots, leeks and cabbage for the main dish (and yes I ate it, albeit rather reluctantly. At least there weren't any taste buds!) cheese and two desserts - I don't think I could eat another thing!
Last night I was treated to dinner at an Algerian restaurant in Amiens. True to his word, my friend Sofiane made sure I had the couscous he promised me six months ago in Oklahoma City. "The food so nice, they made it twice" is at present the most popular dish in France - and one of my favorites as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Tongue?
Mom
Post a Comment