
My friend Pat Bloom has been waiting for more than 40 years to see France again. After high school, she came over on the Queen Elizabeth. Then, she pursued her career as a ballerina, married, raised four children, and then decided to go to college. It took her a while, but she got her B.A. in French a few years ago. Her husband Gary promised her that when she graduated, they would go to France. Their 40th wedding anniversary was in August, so they finally made the long-awaited trip. Lucky for me, because I was able to meet them in the middle of their Elderhostel tour.
After work yesterday, I took a train from Poix to Rouen - about an hour away, in Normandy. I met Pat and Gary for dinner, and today I joined their group for a walking tour of the town, the cathedral, and the
Musée des Beaux Arts. Oh, and Pat and I did a bit of shopping as well. Nothing like cool

weather to put you in the mood for sweaters and coats!
I'm still experiencing feelings of guilt when I am out having fun on Wednesdays rather than teaching. I keep expecting to receive a phone call from the school asking why I'm not there! (I did grade papers on the train, by the way...)
1 comment:
Hi! Jennifer, it is good to hear from you. I am so proud of you for all the walking you are doing. You look great! I have visited Classen a couple of times and it is not the same without you. Have a great time and enjoy your stay. We miss you!
Punky
Post a Comment