13 September 2007
a good day with les grands
Dare I say it? Today was nearly a success with les grands. And my most challenging group at that. I went in early (thankfully, they're my first class) and got everything ready. And when I walked them to class, before they entered, I instructed them not to sit down, as I had a new seating chart for them. I pulled out my chart, on which I had placed small post-it notes with their names, and showed them where to sit. Then, as I placed it back in its plastic sleeve, I explained that on the chart, I am going to note when they participate as well as when they are disruptive or don't pay attention. I don't know why I didn't do this from the beginning - it's something I've used before. I told the class that Tuesday was terrible, that I was not a happy person, and that I don't like it when I have to get mad. I said we were going to start over, forget that Tuesday happened and move forward. I don't want to speak too soon, but this may be the truc I was looking for. We actually got work done, they willingly spoke English, and I left school smiling.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am happy about your success!
Mom
Post a Comment