Last week, I was invited to what I keep referring to as le dîner le plus important de l'année. France-USA organized a dinner, which was hosted by the Ecole Supérieure de Commerce and the Institut Supérieur d'Administration et de Management. They invited the Recteur of the Académie d'Amiens, as well as Mme Manes (aka Chantal). The goal of the evening was to update the association on the ongoing projects to unite Oklahoma and the Académie. While I was perfectly content to sit with François, a student at the Sup de Co, I was approached by Chantal and the school's president. Jennifer, they said, we want you to sit at the table with the Recteur. Panic! There was no way to say no to the two of them. But I'm not that important, I said. Oh, but you're FUN!
I survived the evening, but getting back to Poix after midnight, dropping off the car and walking home made work the next morning quite a challenge. I'm not sure the students would choose "fun" as a word to describe me.
No comments:
Post a Comment