25 June 2008

a panda of my own

After more than two months of relying on Alex's kindness, I finally decided to rent a car of my own. There's just too much I want to see and do in the next few weeks. Although it's quite basic, I'm happy with my Panda. It handles pretty well and best of all, it runs. I've driven the heck out of it this week, showing Michael around Picardy, a stop in Normandy for cheese and a jog into Nord Pas-de-Calais before heading to Kathy & Damien's about 2 seconds north of Paris proper. Which meant that when I made a wrong turn this morning on the way to the airport, I was driving in Paris itself...something that terrifies me beyond belief. Thank goodness my Panda handles like a Ferrari.



After dropping him off at Roissy where he caught a flight to Budapest, I headed home to Poix. Tired of the autoroute, I decided to take the back way home and enjoy the ride.

No comments: