08 August 2007

my last day in OKC

This is it...my last day at home. It's really real now. I'm leaving tomorrow. I sold the Civique, the car I've driven for the past 11 years, this morning. It was surprisingly easy, perhaps because I sold it to a friend who I know will take good care of it. After he puts on sportier wheels, naturally. I hope he'll leave the French flag sticker on the bumper. Honk and yell "bonjour" for me when you see it around town, please. :)

I learned today about the M-bag at the post office. You can send media mail at a discount rate, as long as there's not anything personal like a card or letter in the box. I mailed myself some books, including my trusty Eyewitness France guide book that I've been making notes in for the past 10 years. I can't visit France without it, but it's just too heavy for my suitcases, especially if Chloe won't get out of the one in the picture...

This afternoon, I really focused on packing, and was so efficient that I was pretty much finished by 4pm. This gave me a bit of time to relax, go over last-minute house/cat details with Nathalie, including very specific instructions on how Chloe refuses to drink out of anything but the bathroom faucet. Later, we had an ... entertaining... dinner with Michael K., who was less than pleased with our waitress.

One last visit to Braum's for sherbet, where I discovered that my love affair with the neon lemon is over. I much prefer the Sicilian Orange, but they were out. Perhaps my recommendation encouraged all of you to try it, and now there was none left for my last night. And in the freezer case, guess what was there? Lime, of course. Just my luck. I'll have to wait until next August, when I'm sure I'll be met with another lime sherbet shortage. Let's all flood Braum's e-mail with the suggestion that, even if they don't make Lime available year-round, it should at least be a choice during the hot months of June, July & August...

1 comment:

JeannePVP said...

you are hilarious! i love this blog!