01 October 2007

photos for nino


I went to have ID photos made last week. My local grocery store has a photo booth, but I had no change. I needed a couple of things anyway, so I waited 10 minutes in line to check out (that's a short wait here in Poix) and then stepped into the booth. Clearly I didn't know what I was doing, because when the pictures came out, the top of my head had been cut off. I guess you're supposed to lower the stool, but I had no way to tell if my head was even in the photo before it snapped my image. I'm certain the Préfecture will not accept a partial photo for my carte de séjour... They are better off in Nino Quincampoix's album. I ran out of coins and time, so I decided to try again in Paris, when I'd be a little less rushed.
The second machine was much fancier and allowed me to preview the picture before printing, and even had an oval in which I was supposed to center my face. I also remembered this time that I'm not supposed to smile in ID photos. These will have to do.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You look SO very French!! Well done, mademoiselle! And I love the Amelie reference...too cute. :)

Mikie said...

That second set looks like Warhol. It's Art! With a capital A! (I would put it French, but I don't know how. Sad face.)

You will be getting compliments on those, mademoiselle (?). (How did I do?)

-Mikie

Anonymous said...

Now you look french! Look at that pout!

~Angie